Made with both pandan extract and filled with pandan kaya custard, these donuts are a sweet way to enjoy the coconutty, eggy flavor of the popular Malyasian green jam.
- 8 oz Water
- 1 oz Pandan Leaves, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 oz Yeast
- 2 oz Eggs, beaten
- 1 oz Malted Milk Powder
- 10 oz Bread Flour
- 6 oz All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 oz Baking Powder
- 3 oz Shortening
- 1/2 tsp Club House ® Vanilla Extract, Pure
- 2 cups Homemade Pandan Kaya
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- In a blender combine water and pandan leaves. Puree until well blender. Strain liquid through cheesecloth and discard solids.
- In the bowl. of a stand mixer with dough hook combine pandan water and yeast. Stir to hydrate yeast. Add eggs, malted milk powder, flours, shortening, and vanilla.
- Mix on a medium-low speed until a smooth dough has formed, about 15 minutes. Refrigerate overnight to bulk ferment.
- Set fryer to 350°F. Remove dough from refrigerator. Roll dough out 1" thick and cut with a 1 1/2" cutter. Allow to proof for 15 minutes.
- Fry dough until golden brown on both sides. Drain and cool.
- Place pandan kaya in a piping bag with a straight tip. Pipe kaya into the center of each doughnut.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve ambient with additional Homemade Pandan Kaya on the side.
This doughnut base is perfect for any doughnut shapes or desired filling!
- Recipe type: Flavour Forecast