Loaded with sea botanicals, citrus and aromatics these delicate agar agar seasoning sheets are a beautiful, flavourful garnish for salmon or poached chicken.
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, whisk water and agar agar together and heat while whisking to a simmer. Bubbles will form on the bottom of the pan. Lower heat and stir with a rubber spatula until mixture becomes clear, just a minute or two. Remove from heat and continue to stir.
- In a bowl combine lemon juice and zest, garlic, sesame seeds, ginger, oil, pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Add warm water thickened with agar agar to the other ingredients and whisk well to combine. Allow to cool slightly but not under about 95° F, at which point it will gel. Add Dulse Seaweed and mix to combine.
- Lay a sheet of plastic wrap over a parchment lined sheet tray. Use a tablespoon to mix all ingredients. Pour 1 1/2 tablespoon mixture over a portion of plastic wrap that's about the size of fish portion to be seasoned. It will gel in 5 to 10 minutes or faster if refrigerated. Cut the wrap between portions of gel and leave the gel on plastic.
These sheets are the perfect way to add a layer of flavor post cook to everything from halibut and salmon to poached chicken. Carefully lay looking glass overtop of finished protein for a beautiful and flavorful garnish.
These sheets are very delicate, handling them with plastic wrap is the best procedure.
- Recipe type: Flavour Forecast